Nothing matters more to me in my life than God and my family. I love my family. I thank God every day for His gifts of my husband and children. To be apart from my best friend has been terribly hard on me and the girls miss their daddy so much. I thought I was doing well. Staying busy to make the time pass faster, like the good Air Force wife. Then I got to see and spend time with Shawn again and it was then I realized how much I was missing him. The girls got to be with their daddy again. It was so special, so precious the moments we shared I am not sure if the words I have can even begin to give our visit the justice it deserves.
When I am with Shawn everything in the universe is right. Everything. My dad said it at our wedding. He is the calm to this storm. :) Our visit in GA was fairly uneventful. Shawn still had to work and the weather was horrible. But it didn't matter. The time we spent together just being, was priceless and perfect. Bathing the kids and putting them to bed together was a HIGHLIGHT for me. Bedtime is a cherished time in our family and having Shawn there to help and hug and tuck the girls in made it seem as if no time had past since he left in June. He even got to put Alice down for one of her naps. Since he has been away, I have spoiled her a bit and lay with her as she drifts off into lullaby-land. I was worried that he would think I was creating a high maintaince napper, but he loved the idea of cuddling her to sleep. He told Kalei the most creative and elaborate stories that I even enjoyed. He was the perfect daddy... as always.
Kalei and Shawn had some much need tickle time. Most of the time they were together was spent with him making her grin ear to ear. She loved showing him all her new "danger" playground moves and he enjoys her dare devil ways.
Alice loved talking to her daddy. She is saying so many new words and they had some great conversations... mostly about the park (which was right outside the TLF) and a cat that "bit" her. Alice also got to show off her new playground skills. She is quite the dare devil too. He was pretty impressed, especially with her climbing abilities!
The best part about this trip was having our family together again. Even if we were just doing the ordinary day to day, mommy - daddy stuff. So I look forward to our permanent reunion... COMING SOON!!!!!

2 comments:
I know exactly where you're coming from. I can't wait for you guys to all be together again. How much longer now?
only 2.5 more months. It is going to go by so fast. We have disney trip at the end of Sept, Boston wedding at the end of Oct and then prepare to head back west end of Nov. It will be here before we know it and thankfully I am with my so VERY helpful family.
Post a Comment