Saturday, March 7, 2009

So Lucky

We realize how lucky we are to have our dog Lucky. A week ago today Lucky potentially saved me and Alice from an attack by a Rottwieler. We were getting ready to take lucky to the dog park and Alice and I went outside to check the mail. When I got to the foot of the garage I saw the Rottwieler across the street at the house that is kitty corner to us. I thought to myself, i need to get back inside. I had never seen that dog before and although I am not afraid of dogs at all... this one was HUGE and I was panicked...I wasnt holding Alice at the time and that was my focus to get her so she wouldnt be hurt by this HUGE dog. All of this happened so fast. Before I could get to Alice the dog ran at us full speed. It ran right past Lucky and straight over to me. I had Alice in my arms when I thought the dog as going to bite me. It bummed me pretty hard in the leg with its head and I SCREAMED!!! Lucky took over from there. She growled at this dog and chased her across the street. As much as ai didnt want Luck to get hurt I had to get Alice inside. Meantime, Shawn heard me scream and was making his way outside. He called for Luck and she came right back to him. Needless to say, we called the police since animal control isnt opened on the weekend. (what?) Shawn found out that the dog does belong to a family up the street. In my eternal optimsim, I now believe the dog probably would not have hurt us since it is a family dog. But I guess you never know. I hate to think that I over reacted, Shawn reassure me and says the dog would have been dead if her would have been the one out there with Alice. No matter the reaction for us humans, Lucky's reaction was spot on... she truly protected her family!




5 comments:

Julie said...

Awwww, so lucky to have Lucky! I'm so glad she was there to protect you guys. :-)

Coach Rene Grifol said...

Gigi loves the bows on the girls. The girls really love that lucky. Thanks for sharing...the pictures keep us so close to you all. Pipo

Krazy Fam said...

Tearing a little.....yes, the dog probably wasn't trying to hurt you, and Rott's have a bad reputation, but YEA for Lucky for Saving the Day!!!! :)

Lindsey said...

What a great story! And I love the girls' bows - so cute!

Sandy and Anna said...

Aiyee--that's scary. Thank goodness for Lucky. I love Alice's expression in the first picture...it just says it all!